Document management systems encompass everything from cloud-based storage to working paper software applications like Caseware™.
Over the years we have worked with Network Attached Storage (Synology) in conjunction with Caseware and currently have standardized around CITRIX SHAREFILE™ and our own internally-developed MICROSOFT EXCEL-based file management solution to replace Caseware.
There are other applications that we haven’t tested, but we believe that these tools, coupled with SMARTSHEET for a variety of online forms applications, give us a robust set of capabilities at a reasonable price.
Cloud-Based File Storage for Small Business
While CITRIX SHAREFILE is a great tool for CPA firms and allows us to provide client portals for our small business clients, there are other alternatives that many small businesses use.
- Syncs as a virtual drive – allows us immediate access to files (no wasted time syncing on bootup)
- Syncs as a local drive – necessary to work with PROFILE tax software
- Straightforward Client Portal functions
- Granular user management
- Good iOS and ANDROID support
- Clients are invariably already using:
- GOOGLE DRIVE
- More expensive than our clients’ cloud storage